The Classrooms at CIET are spacious and well furnished. It provides a blend of traditional learning methods, which enables students to learn what they need, when they need it, with the ability to put that knowledge and skills to use effectively.
To promote a spirit of continuous learning among its students, Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology assures peaceful and enriching hours in the Central Library. One of the major highlights of the Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology is its spacious central library that has a seating capacity of 200. It has 40796 volumes under 21179 titles of books under 9329 E-books. The library also subscribes 150 printed Journals, 4239 E-Journals and 30 Magazines. In this fully automated library, students and staff members can search the books by author, title, accession number, publisher or subject heading and their availability. Each student is given four library books at a time, and they have allocated library hours/ week. The Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology Central Library is an institutional member of prestigious libraries such as the DELNET, AICTE-ELSEVIER, and AICTE-IEEE Delhi. In addition to this, the library also has NPTEL resources.
1. The library will be kept open from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm on all working days.
2. All the users should become members of the college library, by filling the appropriate data in the software.
3. All the students should come to the library in proper dress code without fail.
4. All the students must sign the Gate Register before entering the library without fail.
5. All the students are requested to keep their belonging outside.
6. All the users are instructed to take down the notes from the Reference Books /Text Books, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Back Volumes, Project Report etc.... if needed. For this purpose they should use loose sheets only.
7. Strict silence must be observed in and around the library. Consultation, discussions or unnecessary chatting is prohibited. The Librarian is vested with the discretion of refusing issue of the books to students indulging in such activities.
8. Usage of Mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
9. Searching of book using OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) system is available.
10. The books should be handled properly and be covered.
11. Don't put and Marking / Underline / Scribbling in the book.
12. The student shall check up the books at the time of issue for damages, if any found, shall be reported then and there to the librarian. Otherwise the last borrower will be held solely responsible for damage or loss and shall be liable to pay compensation as per the discretion of the librarian.
13. Folding or tearing of teh pages or underlining will be seriously viewed and heavy penalty will be imposed.
14. The Librarian reserves the right to recall any book at any time.
15. Reference books must be used inside the library only, and will not be lent for home reading.
16. Books, Journals, Magazines after use, must be replaced in their proper places.
17. Staff members, who get relieved in future, are requested to personally return the borrowed books and clear the library dues. Members are not allowed to transfer the borrowed books to the names of the existing staff members.
3. Internet connectivity
5. NPTEL resource
|Total No.of Books||40796|
|Total No.of Titles||21179|
|Total No.of Reference Books||3039|
|Total No.of E-Books||9329|
|Total No. Journals (Printed)||150|
|Total No.of Magazines||30|
|DELNET Online Journals||4239|
|Total No.of News papers||8|
|Total No.of CD's||2939|
|Total No.of Question Bank||278|
|Total No.of Project Report||611|
|Library Area Sq.M||690|
|Number of users (issue books)||150 per day|
|Number of users (reading space)||250 per day|
1.Digital Library Service
4.Ready Reference Service
5.Current Awareness Service
6.Inter Library Loan Service
7.News Paper Clipping Service
8.OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
14.NPTEL Video Course Service
15.News Paper Clipping Service
16.Anna University Question Bank Service
17.Book Bank Service
18.CD-Rom Search Service
DELNET-(Developing Library Network-Delhi)
| S No  ||Name of the e-journals publisher||Total No.of Journal|
|1||IESTC (Infotrac engineering, Science &Technology Collection)|
|DELNET-Developing Library Network|
|2||IMC(Infotrac Management Collection)||2006|
|DELNET-Developing Library Network|
Separate Hostel facilities are available for both Boys and Girls.
The hostel rooms are spacious with natural light and ventilation. Each student is provided with a study table, chair. Each hostel has 24 hour electricity and water supply, water cooler, common telephone, and common TV room..
Full-fledged hostel facilities for boys & girls students have been established inside the campus.It also provides good and safe facilities of lodging and boarding to cater to the needs of outstation students. It has full fledged facilities with WI-FI, fitness centre, a reading room and a computer room. The students are monitored with their well being by an efficient and qualified custodian. The newly constructed hostel provides internet facilities in a common computer center, recreation facilities exclusively for the hostellers.
To conduct the campus selection process and joint campus selection programs successfully to the satisfaction of the corporate and participating colleges and to conduct various corporate training programs & seminars the placement office is strengthened with the following infrastructure facilities
Students should maintain strict discipline and avoid making noise inside the hostel premises including dining hall.
Students should go to college in formal dress, properly tucked-in, wearing shoes, clearly shaved face. Inmate going out should get prior permission from the warden and should come back at the appointed hour Hostellers should not go outside the College campus except on holidays by obtaining prior permission from the hostel warden. Students should make proper use of furniture, electrical fittings, bathroom fittings and sanitary fittings.
Sports is an integral part of our college. “Health is wealth” those who have understood its importance will try to keep themselves fit. CIET initiates sports activities for maintaining health and physical fitness. Students have the facilities of both indoor and outdoor sports.
It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
The college pays special attention to the fitness of the student. It provides separate gym halls for men and women and has equipment that tone the well-being of the students.
Engineering education is a greedy academic expedition at CIET. The College has two spacious, air-conditioned and well equipped Conference Halls and an Auditorium with centralized air-condition. The conference Halls are furnished with necessary audio visual aids such as LCD projectors, Overhead Projectors, Television set, Digital white boards, etc. enabling multimedia presentations. The conference hall hosts a number of placement interviews, where in students from various colleges assemble to attend seminars and group discussions. NPTEL video courses, IIT Remote center programmes, Online courses, Guest lectures, project presentations, science exhibitions and paper presentations are held in the conference halls.
The college has a fleet of luxury buses that ply on several routes across Coimbatore and its neighbouring areas, serving both students and staff.
| Bus No  ||Source||  Start Time  ||Route|
|5||SUNDARAPURAM||7.35 am||Sundarapuram -Pothanur- Athupalam - Ukkadam - Selvapuram-Perur- Pachapalayam- Madampatty Thondamuthur - CIET|
|6||  GANDHIPURAM  ||7.45 am||100 Feet road – Saibaba Colony - Lawley Road - P.N. Palayam - Mullai Nagar - Vadavalli - Thondamuthur - CIET|
|7||SARAVANAMPATTY||7.30 am||Saravanampatti, SRP Mill - Bharathy Nagar, Ganapathy- Sivananda colony - Lawley Road –Vadavalli - Thondumuthur - CIET|
|11||  METTUPPALAYAM  ||7.05 am||MTP, Karamadai - Periyanaicken palayam - NSN palayam - Thoppampatti pirivu Thudiyalur- Kavundamapalayam - Idayarpalayam- Vadavalli -Thondamuthur - CIET|
|10||SULUR||7.10 am||Sular-Ondipudur-Singanallur- Ramanathapuram - Town hall -Selvapuram - Perur - Madampatti- Thondamuthur- CIET|
|13||PULIAKULAM||7.40 am||7.40 am|
|12||CHERANMAA  NAGAR||7.15 am||Chearanmaa Nagar - Hopes- Lakshmi Mills – Uppilipalayam – Poomarket – Lawley Road - Thondamuthur - CIET|
|9||VEERAPANDI  PUDUR||7.40 am||Veerapandipudur -Thadagam - Kanuvai-Idayarpalayam- Vadavalli- -Thondamuthur - CIET|
|15||KUNIAMUTHUR||7.40 am||Kuniamuthur - Edayarpalayam pirivu - Kovaipudur - Sundakkamuthur Postal colony - Pachapalayam - Madampatti - Alandurai High School- CIET|
|16||VADAVALLI||8.10 am||Vadavalli - Kalveeramapalayam - Thondamuthur - CIET|
| Bus No  ||From Gandhipuram|| Bus No  ||From Town Hall|
|21 A||06.00 AM||58A||07.00 AM|
|08.20 AM||09.35 AM|
|08.40 AM||11.55 AM|
|11.20 AM||02.20 PM|
|12.00 PM||04.50 PM|
|02.20 PM||07.25 PM|
|05.20 PM||58||07.35 AM|
|06.10 PM||10.30 AM|
|08.20 PM||01.20 PM|
|09.30 PM||04.15 PM|
|11.30 PM||07.00 PM|
|64 D||09.00 AM||S24/58||12.45 PM|
|11.40 AM||03.30 PM|
|02.45 PM||06.10 PM|
|59 A||07.30 AM|
The College has the Corporation Bank ATM centre within its premises, providing easy banking to its students and staff.
A cafeteria is functioning in the campus for the benefit of students & staff. There are other smaller cafes and refreshment outlets inside the campus. Spacious, airy & trendy cafeteria offers ample scope for students to break free from their arduous schedules and enjoy appetizing food in an extremely casual yet pleasant ambiance.
The multi-cuisine cafeteria of the College is a two-storeyed building which kindles the taste sense and caters to the hunger needs of Guests, Inmates, Visitors, Staff & Students. It can accommodate 400 members to dine at a time. The cafeteria offers a wide medley of hygienic, nutritious South Indian Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian wholesome edible food. Arrangement has been made for the boys & girls to dine separately.